Applying to college and then finding money to pay for it is super stressful!
We have curated a list of great resources to help you find scholarship money, write those pesky essays, and navigate financial aid and college admissions. We hope these resources will serve to empower you and make the journey less stressful.
*This page contains some affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through these links, at no cost to you. We only share resources we have actually used or believe are invaluable resources.
Essay Writing Resource & Tools:
- Essay Guide: Get your guide to help you write your best essay to increase your chances of winning a scholarship.
- Grammarly – Do you want to overcome grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes? Then Grammarly might be the tool you’ve been waiting for. Give Grammarly a try and it could quickly become your BFF!
College Search Websites:
College Admission Books:
- Fiske Guide to Colleges 2023: Check out the list of the “best buy” colleges for 2023. This is considered the most authoritative source of information for college-bound students and their parents. The book include 320+ of some of the nations’ best colleges (yep, there are more than 10).
- Colleges That Change Lives: 40 Schools That Will Change the Way You Think About Colleges. Peek at this list of colleges before you build your college list. These colleges only focus on developing and educating undergraduates. They are known to nurture an environment where all ideas are valued. You will not just be a number!
Reading List For High School & College Students:
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens: Written by none other than Sean Covey, it is an must read for every high school and college student. Adapted from the New York Times bestseller The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens is the ultimate teenage success guide